Monday, October 15, 2012

On-Shift Short Stories: Volume 2- "Hurry, HURRY! It's an EMERGENCY!!...but not RIGHT now."


Yes, the call you are about to read is...TRUE. Working in this field, for ANY period of time though...can you expect any less from some of the characters we see?? I didn't think so :-/ Scat Man & I- just as confuzzled on-scene to this as I'm sure you will be reading...not even needing to get out of our Sick Bus! However, for those of you who don't work in the world of EMS, here is another story of the AMAZING we see- more often than not. Short & sweet...ENJOY! :-)

Ambulance Requester:

"Hello, 9-1-1? Yea, I just got in an accident; my car just got totaled by city transit...could you send me an ambulance??"

9-1-1 Dispatcher:

"Ok Sir, help is on the way." *Que Super Hero music in background*

Ambulance Requester:

"Oooooooh goody! THAT way...when they get here I can go ROR/AMA because I want to DRIVE my now, busted heap of metal down the street, & park it (assuring I lock it of course...mustn't have anyone go stealing my classy ride!!) . I will have this explained by the Sandman entranced Police & Firefighters on-scene as I gallivant around looking at my mess of a car like Dane Cook describes in his stand up- "Look at this damage...do you SEE all this DAMAGE?! Come here and stand with me while we both look at this damage."

Then, I will proceed to WALK back up the hill to get a hotel room (6 blocks away from the location my trusty car failed to emerge victorious against that mean 'ol contraption called "City Transit"...+ the 4+ blocks away that I parked said disappointment on wheels)...for my dog! Only AFTER completing all of these things will I call again for transport to the ER then, an hour & a half later! Even though the lawsuit I am almost certain to file against the city will- without a doubt, question my course of "necessary" actions, delaying the Emergent care I needed from the "Extensive injuries" sustained from your unsafe driver & their community death trap of terror you so carelessly allowed on its course; careening in to my evening.

I hope they thoroughly enjoy getting to- not once but TWICE, drive over the large shards of my busted windshield and other portions of the "safety rated crumple zones" my car no longer has. It brought a smile to my face as well, hearing the sound that will cause a future flat tire to their soon to be stranded ambulance.

Sincerely,

Severely "Life Threatening" injuries

No comments:

Post a Comment